Monday, August 4, 2014

August Goals

Here it is, another new month! I can't believe how fast this summer has gone! Not that I am complaining.  It has been a wonderful summer and we have finally reached the month of baby #3's arrival! I have seen all summer long posts about goals! I love setting goals- personal, physical, financial- LOVE GOALS! So I decided to jump on the bandwagon and post some of my own goals for the month of August!


{ONE}
Drink 100 oz of water a day.  
I know the recommended number of ounces is half your body weight, but given it is the home stretch of this pregnancy, I want to make sure I am getting plenty of water in so I don't retain any and because it is August! The hottest month of the year around here.  

{TWO}
Maintain my weight.
I am pleased with my weight gain this pregnancy.  I gained over 40 pounds with my first, 40 with my second and right now I have  held tight at the 25 pound mark for a couple of weeks.  I wanted to gain less than that but thought if I could stay at 25 or under it would be a good range.  I am going to really focus on my eating, not indulge in the treats like I did last month on all our little trips and watch my portions.  

{THREE}
Workout 5-6 times a week.
I have been doing PiYo for about 5 weeks now and am IN LOVE with this program! It definitely challenges me and my balance hasn't gotten too bad considering I am so much larger on top these days.  I just know this is going to be a great postpartum workout to begin the journey of getting my body back.  I just want to stay active as long as possible! I have come in contact with so many other pregnant ladies due the same time who are also staying active and it is so encouraging!

{FOUR}
Help 10 new people with their health journey! 
I love helping others.  It is something I am passionate about.  For me, getting my health back on track unlocked so many other parts of my life that needed some adjustments as well and it just made me a better person all around.  I want that for others as well.  In addition to my Feed Your Soul challenge, who has about 3 new people, I would love to find 7 more people to join my August Accountability group! If you are interested, please message me on Facebook (click the button) or send me an email!

{FIVE}
Have a healthy baby!
I am so ready to meet our next little guy! I have worked so hard to be as healthy as possible this pregnancy and just pray and believe that we will have another healthy boy to welcome soon! 


What are your goals for August?  I would love to hear them! 

2 comments:

  1. Great goals, Bekah!! My friend who is pregnant told me last night that drinking tons of water has helped her to not have leg cramps and just feel better in general. She's due in Dec though so she's got a while to go. I'm impressed that you work out so much being so pregnant! I hope I do someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think water is always important but especially during pregnancy. I can tell the days I don't get it and it is no bueno! I am sure you will be as diligent in your health when pregnant while you are now! Even more reason to be that way! :)

      Delete