Thursday, June 26, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week 5

Hey everyone! It's Thursday again which means...


Today's post isn't so much a full dinner as it is a side.  Sides are sometimes the hardest thing for  me.  We usually do a simple lean protein on the grill during the summer but keeping my sides healthy, diverse and delicious isn't always my strong suit. 

Asparagus is a vegetable I just love. I love mixed in with other dishes.  I love it alone.  I love how quick and simple it is to prepare.  We just eat it up in this house. So I scoured Pinterest for a bit and came across this picture.  When I tried to click on the link to get a recipe no web page was found. :( But rest, assured, I figured something out! 



Lemon Feta Asparagus
~1 tbsp EVOO
~1 clove garlic, minced
~1 bundle of asparagus, prepped and cut
~juice from fresh lemon (about 2 tbsp)
~feta (use your judgement..we like feta in this house)

In a large skillet, heat your Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium-high heat.  Add in your garlic and saute until soft.  Add in your asparagus.  Cook about 5 minutes. (I love how the green seems to get even greener!) Add your lemon juice and continue to cook until tender.  I don't like my asparagus too limp. Remove from the pan and place in serving dish. Add desired amount of feta. 

That is it! So stinking simple, so delicious! 

How do you like to use asparagus??



1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea Bekah! I'm totally doing it :) We love feta and asparagus!

    ReplyDelete