Thursday, June 12, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week 3

Happy Thursday everyone!!

Since I missed last week, I thought I'd share a couple of recipes with you guys! 

Side note: I had a healthy meal planned out and made..just in the midst of packing and heading home, it was not a night where taking photos of each step seemed practical. It'll be featured later though, I promise, because it was tasty! :) 




This week's menu at the Bruce household was full of really simple meals.  But simple doesn't mean bland and it certainly doesn't mean difficult. 

My first recipe for you is SUPER simple.  We eat a lot of grilled chicken in our house.  I love to find new ways to season or marinade our chicken without adding a lot of ingredients, heavy dressings, or salt.  So when I found this recipe Pinterest I knew I could figure out something similar.  This one didn't have exact measurements so I conjured up my own.

Zesty Chicken Marinade
~3-4 chicken breasts
~1.5 cups apple cider vinegar (I love Bragg's brand)
~2 tablespoons of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning blend
**I love Mrs. Dash seasonings because they are really yummy, have no MSG and can be used in lots of recipes. 

I let my chicken marinade in this mix for about 6-8 hours.  Then either bake or grill.  We baked ours since my hubby worked late.  Our house smelled amazing.  AND my whole family chowed! Like even my boys, who have been a bit picky lately, inhaled their servings.  I served ours with fresh green beans.  A super simple, healthy, and delicious meal. 

My next recipe for y'all screams summer.  It is super easy.  A friend on Facebook posted about meal prep and had this dish and I just knew I wanted to try it.  I tweaked it a little because I like a little extra flavor but I am sure she made an awesome dish! Thanks Haley for the inspiration!

Summer Veggie Chicken Salad
~3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
~1 summer squash, diced
~1 zucchini, diced
~1/2 container of cherry tomatoes, halved
~1 tablespoon EVOO
~1.5 tablespoons of Newman's Lite Italian Dressing
~1-2 teaspoons of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy seasoning (I used a pinch more than 1 teaspoon)

While your chicken cooks, dice up those colorful veggies.


Seriously..YUM!

Once your chicken is cooked, dice it up and add it to your veggies.  Then add your oil, dressing and seasoning.  Stir it up and serve! Seriously. That is it.  So stinking simple and yet SO DELICIOUS! I sprinkled a few pinches of Parmesan cheese on mine before eating and it was divine.



You could serve it with something or on it's own.  I toasted some sesame Ezekiel bread, topped it with a little butter.  Perfect, light summer meal. 

I hope you enjoy these dishes as much as my family did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment