Monday, June 30, 2014

Motivation Monday: Try Something Else

Happy Monday!!

I have been so off the game with this blog which bothers me, but life has been busy! I am going to try really hard to be a more consistent blogger.  I want to help as many people as I can be inspired to get healthy and be active and I can't do that if I am not sharing!

Anyway--back today's post! 

Yesterday I had the privilege of attending an event called Super Sunday.  Beachbody has this event quarterly.  It is a time to meet with coaches in your area to learn how to better yourself to be a more effective coach for your clients and coaches, to learn about new products and to connect with the other coaches in the area, to share how we are impacting the lives of those we are working with. 


Over 100 coaches! 

Team Impact of Central IL

Impact Elite 


Y'all it was an awesome day!! There were so many things I learned but two moments in particular really stood out and gave me chills.

One was this.  At the beginning of our time together, we were asked to stand.  Then our event leader (she was FABULOUS) asked who had lost 10 pounds with Beachbody, 20 pounds..so on and so forth.  People would sit down as they would reach what they had lost.  Finally there were two men standing.  One had lost almost 80 pounds.  The other-- 200 POUNDS, y'all!! In that moment, every other coach stood up to clap for him; to celebrate him.  He was beaming.  It was in that moment that I realized how important it is to make sure I never stop reaching out to other people.  

If he had never been reached out to, never taken that first step, his life would be drastically different.  And yes, I can absolutely apply this to weight loss and helping others, but I took it as so much more.  A challenge to really see people, and find a way to make their day better.  To give someone encouragement, a smile or a kind word.  Can you imagine what our world would be like if everyone lived consciously like that.  It was definitely eye-opening to me!

The second really HUGE moment for me came at the end of our time together.  We were watching a video of our CEO speaking.  He was speaking of a story..a man being interviewed, a pilot.  The reporter asked the pilot what he would do if he had exhausted all options and was heading straight towards a mountain. The pilot responded, "Try something else." The reporter continued to ask the question, thinking the pilot misunderstood (he did say there were no other options) but the pilots response never changed. 

I got chills because I thought of being on a journey (fitness mostly since that was what the day was about).  I thought of how many times people feel like they fail.  They try something and it doesn't work.  Or they don't see the results they want as quick as they want.  Or they miss a workout or have a bad day eating junk.  And they give up.  They think that they have failed.  But the thing is, YOU HAVE NOT FAILED!! Maybe you tried some ridiculous empty promise.  Maybe you didn't give it your best shot. Maybe the workout you tried you simply didn't like so you gave up but the point is--there is something out there that will work for you.  There is a program or workout or form of exercise that you will love.  There is a way to eat healthy that you just need to learn about--that will click with you and you can follow.  There is someone ready to support you, to remind you on the days that aren't so great or when you feel like giving up that you might just need to try something else!




I don't know where you are on your journey to health.  I don't know if you feel like you've given up or tried everything or that nothing will work for you.  But I am here to tell you that I can relate.  I have felt that way too.  And more than ever, I don't want you to continue to believe that lie! I'd love to help you connect to something, Beachbody or not! I'd just love to help you!! Don't give up.  Don't lose hope.  If you have tried something and didn't finish; if you just didn't give it your all, try again! Try something else! When all other options seem to be gone, dig deeper!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment