Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I don't have to, I get to

We are in the home stretch friends! Single digits of weeks left in this pregnancy {I will deliver at 39.5 weeks because of a scheduled c-section, although I guess it could be sooner. Prayerfully not}

Third trimester has hit full force! Anyone else recall the third trimester just kicking your butt? It hasn't been that bad honestly.  I just would like to nap by about 3 pm! I also know that getting more than six hours of sleep would be ideal. ;) 

I have been patiently waiting for PiYo to come out.  I want to get into it before baby is born and I know it will be the first program I do when the doc ok's me to resume workouts again.  If you haven't heard about Beachbody's latest program, it is an awesome program inspired by yoga and pilates but is less stationary and holding.  

Pros: 
~Complete body weight exercises- no equipment needed 
~It is for every fitness level.  Beginner or advanced. I love workouts that are made for everyone!!
~All the workouts are between 25-45 minutes. I love that it isn't going to take a huge amount of time. Let's be honest, in a couple of months, I will have even less free time to work with!
~It focuses on strength, flexibility, toning. The way the moves are designed are going to give you a complete workout.  
~I love that is is low-impact, but high intensity.  I am not a fan of jumping all over the place.  Especially after surgery. My body will be craving a workout but I know that I can't just jump into something high-impact.  This will still give me results without giving my body a beating!

If you haven't heard about it, check out this video for a sneak peak.  I am going to be hosting an accountability group beginning in July.  I am really excited about it and have several people already to join! Message me or find me on FB if you are interested.


Ok--enough about PiYo. I am just excited.  The point of this post is the fact that I am ready for something different, something more low-impact.  I can feel a lot of the workouts in my lower body.  I am still using weights and doing some less extensive cardio.  But my hip flexors can really tell when they have been pushed.  I am waking up looking forward to my workouts less and less.  Confession: I have NEVER been one of those people that just love to workout.  I love the feeling once I am started and definitely the after-workout high.  I love the results that come from sticking to a program and eating well.  But those moments when you are about to begin and you think to yourself, "Do I have to work out today?" I am that girl.  So that girl that asks that question, she is getting to be very bossy.  That voice that normally is small and I shove aside, is getting louder.  I think of taking a nap instead of working out. 

But then I remember. I don't have to workout.  I get to workout.  There are so many people who would love to workout, to do any kind of activity to feel better and can't.  I know lots of pregnant people who have reached out said they wish they could be as active as I am but medical conditions are preventing it.  I am not on bed rest.  I don't have a high risk pregnancy.  I don't have a medical condition preventing me from continuing something that I love {even if I don't want to do it all the time}

Being able to be active is a gift.  It's a gift I have to remind myself not to take for granted.  So, with 9.5 weeks, I am going to push onward.  I am going to give it my all.  Not because I have to, but because I can.  I get to.  I would love some extra accountability.  Join me and other for PiYo! See what the craze is all about! :) 

Happy Tuesday! 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I'd heard of PiYo, but wasn't sure exactly what it is.
    The home stretch yay! Baby will be here before you know it! Super exciting!

    ReplyDelete