Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Third Trimester

Hello 3rd trimester (almost--we are like days away!) Any other mama's out there going to be battling the summer heat with me? 

If there is one thing I have noticed, it is that I am hungry.  And not like, "oh, I'm pregnant, I want to eat an ice cream cone" hungry.  Like, "I would eat a whole head of broccoli, or bag of carrots, or anything, I am STARVING!!"  

So, I am upping my calories.  I can just tell that I am not getting enough with these longer workouts I am doing.  I am also adding a lot more weight training into my routine.  And although I am upping  my calories, I don't want to just eat anything. So I am really focusing on three areas {two predominately} 1)protein 2)veggies 3)healthy fats.

I want to eat small meals more throughout the day to keep my blood sugar in check.  I hate that feeling of being too full, especially in the third trimester as the baby takes up so much room that eating larger meals can feel uncomfortable.  

I compiled a list of snacks/small meals to keep me on track and thought I'd share with you all! 

1. Hard Boiled Eggs. Awesome protein. Super quick to prep and grab!
2. Almonds. These keep me feeling full longer.  I measure them out using my 21 day fix container so I don't overeat but raw almonds are amazing. Try them cold! :)


 3. Cottage cheese and fruit.  I just found this picture, but you can do any fruit.  I love berries with my cottage cheese. 
4. I love veggies but I am also a big dip girl.  So hummus naturally fills that need and doesn't completely derail me like my other dip choices used to.  Salsa is another dip I like to incorporate. 
 5. When I need a good crunch, these are my go to. Simple and so yummy!

I've also been eating turkey rolled around bell pepper strips, healthy tuna salad (recipe to come).  Avocado gets added to my salads as of late too! Oh, and a friend just gave me a Greek yogurt recipe to try so I will update you on those findings as well! 

What are you eating to keep you on track?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment