Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Great Debate: Tankini or Bikini



**Warning** This post is less fitness related and a whole lot more pregnant mama related.  That being said, read on.

Summer is right around the corner.  This week is upper 80's and I know that the heat is coming to stay.  For my whole third trimester.  Lucky me! :)  Not only does summer mean heat, but it usually means some vacation or trips.  This year my family decided to keep it simple and we are doing a couple of long weekends in July {when I will be a whopping 9 months pregnant}. We are going to a water park and a beach. *ahem* 

Here is my dilemma.  What the heck do I wear?? I have ALWAYS been a big advocate of embracing your body.  One of my dearest friends is fantastically fit but was rocking a tankini after her second because of some stretch marks {that were very minimal}.  I was on her full force about no one caring and to rock a bikini because she had a great body {with or without having had kids} and no little stretch mark should stop it! I would even rock my own bikini while pregnant.  But, and it's a big but, only in the privacy of my own backyard to get some sun, or around my closest friends.  Not to a big public pool. 

So I am trying to figure out--what would you do? Would you wear a bikini 9 months pregnant or go with a tankini?  Let me add this little component also: both trips were are going with my in-laws and my brother-in-law's family.  Does that change your perspective a bit? 

I have seen the cutest preggos doing both and I think both are great.  I just have hesitations.  One: see above.  Would you strut your pregnant self in a bikini on vacation with your in laws? Two: this is not  my first rodeo.  This is my 3rd {THIRD} pregnancy.  I have had two c-sections and gall bladder surgery.  So when my stomach grows, as it does with pregnancy, those beauty marks from experiences of old seem much more prominent than when I was fit.  

Here are some options:

How cute are they? I especially love Tori..the wrap--super cute.  And my current bikinis would fit and the tops are similar to the black and floral.  Here is my hesitation--none of them look to be nine months.  I feel like I am getting close their size now so I am sure I will be bigger in two months.  Hmm...


These are all cute..still semi-trendy. I can get a good tan.  

So thoughts? Suggestions? What would you wear?? Help a preggo out!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment