Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Soul Mates

Before Beachbody, on the rare occasion I would be working out, I never found anything I really loved.  The elliptical was ok..better than the dreadmill.  Zumba was fine, depending on the instructor.  Hot Yoga was nice but I sometimes felt like I stretched but didn't workout.  Nothing that just made me stop in my tracks and fall in love.  

Then I began Brazil Butt Lift.  From the first day I pushed play, I was hooked.  It was fun.  The workouts flew by.  I felt sore after every workout in all kinds of places (the truest way to measure the success of any workout, of course). And I was getting results.  SAY WHAT??? 

I have loved all my other workouts but nothing holds a candle in my heart to BBL.  I know it sounds crazy..but it is my soulmate workout.  I seriously get giddy to go push play!!

This week I started back up with Brazil Butt Lift a week behind my challengers. I have loved it.  I was quite used to my 30 minute workouts coming off of P90x3 and the fix.  However, doing doubles the last week of the fix was a great way to get my body (and my mind) ready for the longer workout days.  

I am also still using the nutrition guide from the 21 Day Fix but I tweaked it a little.  I was on the lowest bracket when I began but have adjusted the bracket to meet my needs.  I know I needed more calories.  I also know how important fiber is as well all know those prenatals aren't always the friendliest when it comes to regularity.  So I upped my greens to five. (Green corresponds to veggies for you non-fixers ;) ) I am eating two purples (fruits), four reds (protein),  two yellows (carbs) and one orange.  On days I feel extra hungry, I up my blue from one to two. Blue is healthy fats.  This has really helped me feel full and also stay on track with healthy eating.  I have had some pretty intense cravings lately that I am trying to resist.  Not that I won't indulge sometimes.  I just don't think nightly would be wise! ;)

I also went to the doctor this week.  Total weight gain= 13 pounds. I felt like that was a little high considering all the working out I have been doing but then I realized, "Hey! You are 6 months pregnant.  That is like 2 pounds a month average! You are OK!" I had gained two pounds a week at time in my other pregnancies so keeping perspective is key.  I would still like to say under 25 pounds so as long as I continue to be healthy and stay on track these last four months, I think that goal is achievable.  

So what about you? Do you have a soul mate workout? What are you doing to stay on track for your health and fitness goals? I would love to hear from you! 

Or if you are looking to start a program, need some accountability, I'd love to hear from you too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment