Monday, May 5, 2014

Dream BIG

This past weekend my husband and I got to spend Saturday together.  Since moving, we don't do dates very often and hadn't had a date (out of the house) since Valentine's Day.  We were planning on shopping for the new baby that morning so my mom met us and then took our boys with her for an overnight, which meant Andrew and I had most ALL day and night together! 

If you are a parent, you can probably relate to the rarity it is to have time to have a conversation without being interrupted by your littles.  And even when you do find the time, often the conversations center around the "business" of your lives.  

Well on Saturday, without our boys, without interruptions, Andrew and I had the chance to talk.  To really talk. To get past the day to day relaying of information, catching up with what needs done, to the REAL stuff of life.  We got to talk about the things that brought us together as a couple. We got to talk about not only our present, but our future.  About what we wanted for our family, in our careers, in our marriage. I get teary-eyed even thinking about that precious time because so often we take it for granted and don't do it enough.

But Saturday we did.  As we chatted about what the next few years looked like for our family, between running errands around town, catching a movie, and indulging in sushi (what a great day, huh?) we began to dream.  We began to ask  the what ifs. We began to plan what actually could become. 

You may be wondering how this post fits here on this blog about fitness. But it fits exactly here.  Why? Well, it is BECAUSE of fitness, and finding myself and a new passion; finding my new purpose in coaching, that these dreams are possible.  

My husband, a year ago almost to the day, began a new job. It was his DREAM job.  It required so much scary change but we knew it was where God was leading us.  So we went.  From that step of faith, I got to become a stay at home mom; another dream fulfilled.  But I also didn't want to lose myself in that role.  I found coaching.  I found a team.  I found friendships and a purpose and reason to wake up in the morning bigger than just fixing waffles and laundry.  God planted a dream in my heart and fulfilled it without me even knowing to dream it! (Talk about blessing!)

Because of those actions, those leaps of faith, following our hearts--the dreams and I dream now are BIGGER than we've ever dreamed before.  Because the possibilities are bigger.  Coaching has forever changed my life and my family and our future.  How many people can say that their "job" has done that for them? 

I am so grateful every day to get up and help others with their health journey.  It is a privilege and an honor that I don't take lightly.  It fills up my soul and genuinely makes me happy.  That kind of feeling is priceless.  I have to share it.

Do you have BIG dreams? If not--can I encourage you to dream bigger? Go after dreams that seem scary and impossible and find ways to make it possible.  Surround yourself with people who tell you over and over that you can make it happen. 

So...


No comments:

Post a Comment