Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Insert clever title here..

A title for this post eludes me. Why, you ask? Let me tell you.

All my energy is consumed with repairing my muscles.  S to the O-R-E.  I am seriously, seriously sore!!  I am in week two of Brazil Butt Lift and it is lifting and kicking my booty into shape simultaneously.  



Don't let Leandro with his cute accent and good time moves fool you.  He gets me every time.  The girls are smiling and lifting their weights and he is speaking some Portuguese at me while he says, "Shake your bum bum!"  



And then the next morning, POW!! Can hardly move. And let me tell you, I LOVE IT!  


Seriously, I know I've done this program before but it has been awhile.  I am amazed at the changes I am seeing in my arms and legs already.  I feel like my booty is even getting tighter.  ***which can we just recognize together that a tighter booty during your second (almost third) trimester is a quite a feat.. 



I have definitely had moments the past couple of weeks where I have thought about not working out.  I mean, I just don't always feel like it and to be honest, my belly isn't getting any smaller and I sure don't feel super hot grooving and moving with my baby bump.  But that really isn't why I wanted to stay committed to this lifestyle in the first place.  I mean, yes, in part I definitely would love to not have to struggle {as much} to get back to my pre-pregnancy body.  

But really, the BIG picture purpose behind this lifestyle has never been so much about my appearance.  It has been about feeling confident and healthy; about keeping up with my kids; about making sure my boys grow up with a healthy example so they don't ever struggle with weight or the unhealthy side effects of a sedentary lifestyle.  And staying committed during pregnancy, is first and foremost about giving this little guy the best chance at a healthy start possible.  He is going to need a mama ready to brave the world of three boys 3 and under and all that will ensue from that adventure.  



That being said, I have a date with Leandro and the girls during nap time where I will gladly shake my booty, lift some weights and work up a less than attractive sweat.  And I'm sure my little guy will be dancing right along with me. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment