Monday, August 8, 2016

My Healthy Plan: Week 2

Happy Monday, friends!

This weekend absolutely flew by! It was a busy one for our family so I was especially tired when the alarm sounded at 5 am but day 1 of week 2 was completed and a great way to get myself energized!

I've been open on here that I have some big goals with my program and what I want to achieve. So for the purpose of full disclosure, I thought I would tell you how my weekend nutrition went. (Weekends are typically my downfall)

Saturday morning I had an early morning meeting. I got a few things done around the house, made my boys cinnamon rolls and then headed out the door arming myself with my chocolate Shakeology. I was pretty proud of that.

I had a baby shower early afternoon and then our family had a wedding reception open house that evening before meeting my in-laws for dinner. I squeezed in some laundry and my workout before getting out the door!

Warrior workout! So tough but finished!

I grabbed a larabar (cashew cookie--only two ingredients). At the baby shower I had some water and fruit. And at the reception I had some veggies and nuts. I was pretty hungry by the time we got to my in-laws.  They ordered from a local spaghetti house which is AMAZING but I had a chef salad and only a small slice of the garlic bread because, balance. My father in law also made homemade ice cream and I had a small scoop of that. It wasn't a perfect day but it wasn't a bad day either!

Anyone else love getting dolled up??

Sunday our family did late church because we were going to friends' to swim. I knew I wanted to stay on track so packed the makings of a vegetable tray and some fresh salsa and gluten free chips. Since we did late church I made omelets and Ezekial English muffins (only halves) for breakfast. Those English muffins are thee best in my opinion! So good!

Our friends grilled some awesome hamburgers and hot dogs. So for lunch I had a hamburger (no bun), lots of veggies with greek yogurt cucumber dill dip, fresh fruit and some chips and salsa. Still full from dinner my husband and I had our shakeology for dinner.

It wasn't a perfect weekend but it was far more on track than many this summer have been!

Today it was back to to the plan and pushing even more water since the weekend I lagged a little with all the busyness.



It is definitely not about being perfect. It is about balance, making the best choices you can and always pushing ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment