Tuesday, August 2, 2016

How to Meal Plan As a Busy Mom




Failure to plan is planning to fail right?? 

Nutrition is always the tougher component when it comes to a healthy lifestyle.  In the last three years I have learned a lot about what to eat, when to eat, how to eat, how MUCH to eat. My issue has always been in the follow through. Allowing one too many treats, or deciding that what I planned for diner really isn't sounding good so just going with Plan B. 

Not anymore! My mindset is different. I want to succeed like never before. I know my body deserves more. I know I am made for more than just mindless eating. I've read Lysa Terkeurst's Made to Crave and know how deeply God doesn't want me to succumb to food cravings. 

Since I said I was going to be using this blog as a way to stay accountable, I figured why not share what I'm eating. Maybe nutrition is a struggle for you too! Maybe you don't know where to start or how to plan. Maybe you need some accountability. Whatever the case, here is the menu plan I am following this week. 


A few notes:

- The menu is color coded because I am using the 21 Day Fix portion control containers to help me stay within my portion parameters. I don't want to overeat; which, can still happen even if the food is healthy! 

-Shakeology: It counts as a serving of protein but know I mix in some other ingredients to increase the calorie count. Depending on the day, if I need more greens or purples, I add in spinach or 1/2 a banana. I always add in all natural peanut butter, ice, and water. YUM!!

-It's simple! I don't h ave time for a fussy menu plan. I won't stick with it if it isn't yummy, takes too much time, or leaves me feeling dissatisfied.  This menu combats all those feelings! 

If you are interested in more specific details of the recipes used in the menu, head on over to my Pinterest page and hit follow or shoot me an e-mail! I'd love to connect! 



No comments:

Post a Comment