Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fittest in 2014

As the end of 2013 approached, I was reflecting on the past year.  More specifically, the past 5 months.  In the past 5 months my life had drastically changed.  I was  no longer a grade school teacher.  I no  longer lived  five minutes from family and friends.  I was also no longer overweight (for my body) and feeling trapped in clothes that were too tight.  

I had moved our family to support my husband's new career.  I had changed my life with fitness and healthy, clean eating.  And as a result of that, I had changed careers, now devoting my time and passion to helping others find health.  It had been quite a year!

Although I was happy with my weight, I really wanted to focus on adding muscle and definition.  I was talking to others with the same goal for 2014.  I was looking into programs that I would begin that would challenge me and change; researching new recipes to try to clean up our diet more; talking to my team of coaches about their goals and how we were going to reach them.  It was really exciting! I could feel the anticipation of all the new year would  hold.  

I remember posting this picture on my Facebook with the status "Who's with me??"


I had run a 1/2 marathon with plans to run another. I was dedicated.  I was ready! I was excited!! And so many other friends, moms, coaches were (figuratively) standing there with me shouting US TOO!!

But, in the way life goes, you can't always expect things to go as planned.  Andrew and I found out days before Christmas that we were going to be blessed with another little.  Surprise and shock don't begin to describe our reactions! This was not in our plans.  We wanted more children; we were just planning to wait awhile.  And although ecstatic, I also wondered, how am I going to do this? My last two pregnancies didn't really gel with this new lifestyle.  I never worked out and I didn't eat that great.  I didn't want to do that this time.  And that is when I realized--I didn't HAVE to! I am in control of me.  I can still live this lifestyle even if I am pregnant.

  **I am sure there are some of reading this rolling your eyes thinking DUH! I get it.  But if you didn't embrace this lifestyle before during your pregnancies choosing it now is a whole new world. 

And with that my goal completely changed!


I CAN still eat well and exercise and my baby is going to be better off because of these choices.  I will have muscle memory working to get me back in shape but also to help me bounce back after another c-section.  These choices I've made the past 6 months don't just take a back seat because I am pregnant.  



This mentality has completely changed my first trimester.  No weight gain.  No sluggish feeling that normally came with my first trimester.  I seriously would need a nap almost every day with the boys but not this time.  I feel so much better! 

What about you? Are you expecting this year? Would you like some accountability to stick to a healthier diet? Some sensible ways to stay active? I would love to connect with other moms that need some guidance with this or that are doing it too! Let's connect! 


1 comment:

  1. love this!! I always thought to myself "oh I shouldn't care about fitness because once I get pregnant it won't matter anyway because I'll gain weight". I know now that isn't true! Can't wait to follow you on this pregnancy as you maintain your amazing fitness :) Inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete