Sunday, February 23, 2014

A new week, new menu and doctor's appointment

Good morning all!!

It is another week, another day! Last week I said good-bye to the first trimester. I absolutely have never had a better first trimester.  I have always been pretty blessed and not experienced getting sick in any of my pregnancies.  But the lack of energy was always so draining! This time I experienced none of that.  

13.5 weeks pregnant.  A tiny bump is starting to form! 


Last week I also started the nutrition portion of the 21 Day Fix. Oh my goodness, I love this program! I was seriously so full each day! I mean I got to eat! You saw my menu! 

The hardest part of this program honestly, is getting all my protein.  It keeps me full for so long that sometimes getting in that next snack when I am not feeling hungry is hard.  So I played around with this week's menu, changed some things around to give me protein in different areas.  


Sunday's breakfast--YUM! I don't know what it is about being pregnant but I crave eggs! I mean, I love a good egg who doesn't, but pregnancy has me wanting them all the time! And this little recipe! Delish! Try it! You won't regret it! If you don't have the containers, be generous (like a hand full, then chopped) of spinach, and less is more with the feta.  

Also new this week is another transition week! I am starting week 8 of P90x3 with my challengers! We are almost 2/3 of the way done! Never did I think I could go this far with such an intense program, let alone doing it while pregnant! It just proves how much our bodies are capable of!  Can't wait to share Day 60 progress with you all next week!

And--really exciting! Our second doctor's appointment is today.  I am taking both boys with me.  It should be quick but Hudson has gotten really excited since we told him about the baby.  I think he will enjoy hearing the heartbeat!  I also can't wait to see how I measure on their scale and continue to discuss health and exercise with her! 


No comments:

Post a Comment