Sunday, November 30, 2014

Good-bye November

Hello friends! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your family and friends! This time of year is my all time favorite and we certainly filled our long weekend with lots of family time and traditions to kick off the season!

This past month has been a crazy one for my family.  We moved out of our home Halloween weekend and into our new home in our new (technically old since we moved back to our hometown) town that Monday.  I left that Thursday (three days later) for a leadership training event in Dallas (you can read about that here) until Sunday night.  Then it was painting, a funeral, a birthday party for our middle guy, more painting and well--Thanksgiving hit!

To say November was a whirlwind would be an understatement.  All of that led to a pretty poor workout routine for this mama.  My workouts were spotty.  And if my workouts were on--my nutrition was OFF!

You see we all have triggers.  My husband is currently commuting as we transition so has been spending large parts of the week away.  I found myself with a lot of responsibility in addition to my usual routines and I can be a stress eater plus I hate to be alone.  Can we say triggers? But enough is enough.  I used to be blind to the fact that I was sabotaging myself or that I was getting bigger but I am so aware of how junky I feel when I don't have my clean eating and workout routine in order.

Tomorrow--new month, new Monday, new me!! I am getting back on track (along with some other ladies!)  I am really excited about it. I will be following the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan (ASK ME about that if you don't know because it is awesome) and starting T25.  I know I can easily fit in 25 minutes sometime in my day and the HIIT training is exactly what my post-partum body needs!

Check out my meal plan for this week! Talk about yummy!


You may notice everything on this menu is gluten free.  This is another added "new" in my journey.  Last week I began to transition  my family into a gluten free lifestyle.  There have been indicators for me that I may have an intolerance and there are some indicators we are seeing in our oldest based upon the research I have done, what I have read, and after talking with some other people who have transitioned to gluten free.  It is scary because I know I have lots to learn but also exciting because I think it can mean some great things for our family, especially our oldest.  I will be sharing recipes I find that our family loves with you all too! So I am looking forward to that! And I am definitely open to hearing some recipes you love! 

This time of year can be tough as we strive to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  But I am committing to it.  I know I need to for myself and my family.  Anyone else wanting to commit? 



No comments:

Post a Comment